31 December 2017

Primark Beauty Favourites.

Primark's beauty section can be quite hit and miss but it's amazing when you find a hidden gem amongst some of the more bargain basement style products. Also, not every Primark carries the same products and some products tend to disappear after a while so even if you do fancy trying something or repurchase something, there isn't always a guarantee you'll be able to get your hands on it. But I thought I'd do a post on my favourite products anyway as I think most of these are still available in most Primarks still!



Starting with base products, all of these are from the PS Pro range which I'm a big fan of. I suffer from redness quite badly so buying the colour correcting primer was a no brainer. Don't hold me to this, but I think it costs £5. It definitely does what it says and is a great primer to use during the summer as it also has SPF 30. On the days when I want to use a different primer, I use the Longwear CC concealer instead. I can't remember how much this cost but it's worth the money as a little goes a long way. The Longwear Mineralized Foundation SPF 15 is my go to everyday foundation. It only costs £5 and has really good coverage. I use the shade Porcelain which is the lightest and a spot on match for me. If you have pale skin and struggle to find a drugstore foundation fair enough, this might be one to check out. I have dry skin and it doesn't cling to any dry patches or break apart on my nose, which can be a problem with other foundations. I'm not sure how well it lasts on oily skin but for a fiver, it's definitely worth giving a try. I've also seen reviews saying it's a good dupe for Estee Lauder's Double Wear but I've never tried it so can't really give an opinion on that.



Let's talk about the Mermaid Glow Highlighting Powder. If you like a subtle highlight, this is not for you! I want to say this was £3... And so worth the money! I reach for this quite a lot, it's perfect on my pale skin but wouldn't work on darker skin tones. I'm not sure if this is still in stores either.



Onto liquid lipsticks, I've tried the normal PS ones and I was not a fan of the formula. I got rid of them straight away. The PS Pro Kiss Proof Liquid Matte Lipsticks however, are a welcome addition to my makeup collection. I have the shades Nude In private (pinky nude), Rouge in Danger (dark berry) and Dark in Tension (berry toned brown.) These dry down quite quickly and the staying power is impression for Primark and the cheap price.







I don't think it'll be a surprise to see the Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayons included here as everyone seems to already know how great these are. For £2, these are a steal. The Precious Metals Lip Crayons are a newer edition and ones I actually left the stickers on so I know the shade names! The more coppery one, 24K dip, is my favourite of the two and these apply beautifully. Like the Velvet Matte, these also only cost £2 each.


I wouldn't be without the PS Pro Make Up Melt now. This is a dream for removing makeup and it smells gorgeous! Even if I use something else, like micellar water,  to remove a full face of makeup, I will take a tiny bit of this on my lashes to remove waterproof mascara as it makes it come off so easily. A definite repurchase as long as Primark don't get rid of it!

What are your Primark hidden gems? Have you tried any of these?

Don't forget, you can follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with new posts.
Danni
x

No comments:

Post a Comment