24 September 2016

Eating out in Bude, Cornwall.

As soon as I've got accomodation sorted for a holiday, food is the next priority. I'll be straight on Tripadvisor checking out restaurants and making lists of where I'd like to eat. I'm just glad I have a boyfriend who is happy to go along with my in advance planning!

Bude was no different and a month before we actually set off on our holiday, I'd already booked tables at restaurants for every night of our holiday except one. So let's get into where we ate...

The Deck.
www.thedeckbude.co.uk

The Deck is located on Summerleaze Crescent overlooking the beach, so we had a great view from our table in the window. We both had ribs but they do other food such as burgers, seafood and hanging skewers. This was the only night I couldn't manage a dessert... I even had to leave some of my ribs, a fact that makes me sad as they were the best ribs I've ever had! Best meal of the holiday and no doubt my go to place if I was ever in Bude again.


Elements.
www.elements-life.co.uk

Another place with a great view, this is a hotel that overlooks Widemouth Bay. The restaurants gets busy so booking would be advisable. The only issue we had here was parking, the car park is very small but there's a free car park a few minutes up the road. Elements specializes in Italian with a good selection of pasta and pizza. The other half had steak and I had chicken saltimbocca. The dessert selection is really good but I didn't even need to look at the menu when I was told the cheesecake of the day was white chocolate and malteser!



The Bank.
www.thebankatbude.co.uk

This cute little place does tapas, but as they like to say... Cornish tapas, meaning the portions are bigger than spanish tapas. We had six dishes between us and managed to squeeze in dessert too. I had a mocktail called the sunrise and I need to have a go at making it myself, so sweet and tasted like skittles! Definitely worth booking if you want to eat here, it gets very busy.


Life's A Beach.
www.lifesabeach.info

This sits directly overlooking Summerleaze beach and does breakfast and lunch in the day, before turning into a bistro in the evening. It specializes in seafood and booking is a must! I'm not even a big seafood lover but even I loved it here. I went out of my comfort zone and tried swordfish for the first time. It's not the cheapest of places but it is worth the money.


Hebasca.
www.hebasca.co.uk

The one place I'm going to be a downer about is here. The food was okay, but nothing special. I'd say it was a pleasant meal... However, I had trouble going to sleep the evening after eating here, before running into the bathroom at 2am to throw up. Something about this meal clearly didn't agree with me, though Glenn was fine. I wouldn't eat here again when there's much nicer places to eat that didn't make me sick!



Sea Jacks.
www.tommyjacks.co.uk

Sea Jacks Restaurant is part of the Tommy Jacks hotel, near to Crooklets Beach. I believe its owned by the same company who own the Hebasca hotel but this was so much nicer! The surfer theme throughout the hotel is cute and gives out a chilled out vibe to the place. It was a really nice meal for our last night in Bude.

We went out for breakfast a couple of mornings too. The Shack is a cute little cafe, which also does lunch and is open til late in the evening too. It also does a lot of Vegan meals too.

The weir has a good breakfast selection and is a really nice setting if it's not raining when you go. (It was when we went!) It's also a pokestop if you're into pokemon go!

For lunch, we ate at a few different places. Olive tree sits next to the canal and if you're a cheese lover, the baked cornish brie is a must! It comes with a huge chunk of bread and is baked with honey, hazelnuts and roasted garlic.

Rosie's Kitchen at Crooklets beach has a massive menu and is also open into the evenings.


I've made myself hungry writing this post, my mouth is watering at the thought of those ribs!
I hope this post was helpful for anyone thinking to visiting Bude.
Don't forget you can follow me on bloglovin to stay up to date with new posts.
Bye for now lovelies!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment