23 February 2019

I Don't Understand the BeautyBlender Hype.



Before buying the original Beauty Blender I'd heard so many different versions of "Once you try it, you'll never go back to using a normal beauty sponge." Do I agree with this statement now I actually have tried it? No. Do I think it's worth the extra money? No.

I put off buying a Beauty Blender for so long based on the price. Why would I spend that much on a simple sponge when I could buy a sponge that does a great job for under a fiver?!

But there I was on holiday in the US, ready to buy my Ulta purchases and they had Beauty Blenders right by the tills. I had spending money to spare so I thought 'fuck it, just buy it.'

I honestly hardly reach for it now I have bought it. I find it soaks up more product than other sponges I've tried and I don't think my foundation looks any better using it. My sponge of choice is one I actually bought at the same time, the EcoTools Total Perfecting Blender. I love the fact this is a little less squidgy and has two flat edges, which is something I also like about the Real Techniques sponge and the No 7 one.

My advice here? Don't always believe the hype, what works for someone else might now work for you so don't feel pressured to love a product just because everyone else seems to.

What do you think of the original Beauty Blender? 
What's your favourite brand of makeup sponge?

Danni
X

11 comments:

  1. The only Beauty blenders I use are by real techniques and I swear by them! But if they are too wet then they definitely soak too much product! But I do love them for make my make up a bit more flawless!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://www.fashionistachic.co.uk/2019/02/travel-vegan-afternoon-tea-at-laura.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    New video: https://youtu.be/OPgzRjxfOlo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love RT sponges, think it was the first one I ever tried.
      X

      Delete
  2. I can't really get on with the beauty blender/makeup sponges either. I prefer using makeup brushes to sponges!

    Shannon x
    www.shanylou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use both but for the price of a beauty blender I’d rather buy a brush!
      X

      Delete
  3. I actually do really like the Beauty Blender but then again I like the RT sponge, I’d say for me I find the Beauty Blender is softer than most

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superdrug’s own brand do a pretty good dupe of the original beauty blender in terms of softness. I prefer them a little less soft, i think it gives more coverage!
      X

      Delete
  4. I bought a big box of beauty blenders shaped like hearts and I've not used a single one! Not sure if that's because I don't really need to use them, or they're too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound like they’re too nice to use!
      X

      Delete
  5. I will use any beauty sponge if it does the job. Sometimes I will use a brush to blend. Most times I don't use foundation though so don't use either. :)

    Sarah �� || Boxnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s why I regret spending the money. Cheaper ones do just as good a job!
      X

      Delete
    2. Totally agree, buying a 'branded' item doesn't always mean it will do a better job. I always go for the cheaper options lol

      Sarah || Boxnip

      Delete