18 September 2018

Glossybox VS Birchbox, September 2018.


Glossybox and Birchbox are two of the most well known beauty boxes on the market. They both cost £10 per month on a rolling subscription basis, so for the same price... which box is better this month?

We'll start with Birchbox. I love the box design this month and while I do like most of the products this month, there's no full sizes at all so value for money it is not!



Subscribers choice this month was between two Benefit Box O' Powder shades in Galifornia and Gold Rush. I chose Gold Rush and I really like it. This is a blush I can see myself getting a lot of rush out of.

Baija Caramelised Honey Body Scrub
This little jar smells delicious. This is the first product I've received in a Birchbox where I'm seriously considering buying the full size. So glad I got this in my box!

Marcelle City 24H Anti-Pollution Day & Night Moisturising Emulsion
Here's my problem with getting skincare in Birchbox specifically: Everyone's skin is different and the samples are so small you can't properly test for long enough if a certain product is suited for you. But still, I'll give this tiny sample a go.

Nuxe Multi-Purpose Dry Oil
I've already got another sample of this that I haven't tried yet so I might pass this on.

Eyeko Brow Liner
This brow product doesn't do it for me. I hate how wet it feels and it's so sheer, it doesn't fill in my dark brows adequately. Hard pass.

The sneak peak for next month is a choice between two Beauty Pro Thermotherapy Warming Foil Masks.



In comparison to Birchbox's samples, the September Glossybox contains five full sizes and one deluxe mini. 
For. The. Same. Price. 
I mean, it's a no brainer which box is better!


Beautypro Detoxifying Bubbling Cleansing Mask With Activated Charcoal (RRP £4.95)
Face masks are always a winner, I love getting more to add to my supply. I love the sound of this one, I've never tried a bubbling mask before.

Wild Garden Pure & Fabulous Eau de Parfum (Full size RRP £12)
I think scents are such a risky thing to include in a beauty box because everyone has different likes but I LOVE this. It has notes of pear, waterlily and warm amber. Favourite thing this month!

Bang Beauty Eyebrow Cream in Dark Brown (Full size RRP £16.80)
I'm a little unsure if Glossybox gave every subscriber a suitable shade based on their profile or if I happen to have lucked out with getting the right one. This also comes with an angled brush in the box.

Karl Lagerfeld + Model Co Lip Liner in Rosewood (Full size RRP £25)
Yesss. The shade, the creaminess, the name that makes me think of PLL. What's not to love with this?

Rosewood lip liner, Gold Rush blush.

Wet Ones Be Fresh Antibacterial Wipes (Full size RRP £1.19)
Handy for on the go, these have gone straight into my handbag.

Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox (Deluxe mini RRP £7.37)
This is a pre-wash treatment to remove impurities that block the roots, which in turn will lead to hair growth. I'm definitely intrigued about this.


The sneak peak for next month's Glossybox is Illamasqua Antimatter Lipstick. I'm excited about it already!

What do you think of the September boxes?

Danni
X

No comments:

Post a Comment