29 April 2018

Glossybox vs. Birchbox, April 2018.



Another month, two more boxes to compare. Birchbox's is an exciting collaboration with Cath Kidston with a beautiful box to boot while Glossybox has an exclusive product that hasn't even launched yet!


Birchbox is £10 a month plus £2.95 for P&P. Contents vary between subscribers depending on your answers you fill out in your beauty profile when you first sign up. Each box contains 5 products, so lets get into what I got.

ModelCo Baked Highlighter in Frose (sample size)
I was really excited about this product as this was the sneak peek for April and we got to choose the shade. I went for Frose as I thought it would suit my pale complexion better than the other shade available. That excitement turned to disappointment when I saw how tiny the product is! The pink marbled throughout the highlighter blends with the main icy white shade so I think this would work better as a glowy blush rather than a highlighter to accentuate cheek bones.

Beautaniq Beauty Fill + Tame Brow Gel in Brunette (full size RRP £8.60)
According to the booklet that comes in the box, this is available in Blonde, Brunette and Black. Despite checking Black for eyebrows on my beauty profile, I got the shade Brunette. I can still make it work but this is the second time in 4 boxes where something hasn't matched my profile.

Cath Kidston Hand Cream (Birchbox exclusive)
I'll always have use for a good hand cream so I'm pleased with this. The scent is really nice and its a handbag friendly size.

Beauty Protector Protect and Volume (sample size)
I haven't tried this yet as I'm not a huge fan of receiving hair products in beauty boxes.

Birchbox Brush Cleaner (Fullsize RRP £5)I already own a brush cleaner so I passed this product along as I don't have any use for it.


Glossybox is £10 a month plus £3.25 P&P. Contents can vary between subscribers but you'll always get value for money here. Each box contains 5 products so lets get into what I got.

ModelCo x Karl Lagerfeld Baked Blush in Light Beige (Full Size, early Glossybox exclusive)How exciting is this, an early exclusive and the launch date hasn't even been released yet! This is a gorgeous champagne shade that I've been using as a highlight despite the box saying blush. I love it!

MDMFlow Liquid Matte Lipstick in Empire State (Full size, RRP £19)
I'm loving this aswell. It's a dark pink nude shade that I can see myself reaching for a lot. It wears comfortably on the lips without being drying. 

Affect Cosmetics Matt Effect Transparent Loose Rice Powder (Full size RRP £9.35)
I haven't opened this yet as I want to use up my Mac Prep & Prime loose powder first but this is something I'll definitely use.

Eyeko London FAT Liquid Eyeliner (Full size, RRP £16)
I don't wear eyeliner that often as I have hooded eyelids so this is going to be passed on. I have used the thinner version of this in the past and I remember liking it.

Botanics All Bright Micellar Cleansing Water (Full size, RRP £5.49)
I'm really enjoying using this. It's replaced my Garnier Micellar Water as my everyday cleanser.

Overall, Glossybox offers better value for money featuring five full sized products and a value totaling over £50. Birchbox features more sample sizes with a total value around the £15 mark. Glossybox was more makeup heavy which is definitely what I prefer in a beauty box.



The sneak peeks for May don't really excite me much, so much that I didn't pick a specific shade in my Birchbox choice. I just asked to be surprised as I don't mind either way. I am running low on shampoo so Glossybox's will come in handy.

Have you had either of these boxes? What did you think to April's products?

Danni
X

No comments:

Post a Comment