9 February 2018

Glossybox VS. Birchbox, February 2018.


Another month, another lot of beauty boxes. I was really impressed with my first ever Birchbox last month, so much that I preferred the contents over January's Glossybox. So how do February's offerings compare?

I love both box designs this month. Birchbox offered a choice of 3 designs. I went for the '80s design over the '70s and '90s, however the choice of box doesn't affect the choice of products inside. Glossybox have a special Galentines Day design rather than the usual pastel pink box. I'm going to be keeping both to use as extra makeup storage.


Birchbox products are supposed to be tailored to the beauty profile to fill in when joining, so I have a few niggles this month. I received a couple of hair products for the complete opposite of my hair type! What is the point of the profile if I'm going to get products I won't use? I did tweet Birchbox to voice my concerns and they've said this is something they'll look into I won't have the same outcome next month.


The Beauty Crop Eyeshadow Trio in Love You So Latte (Full Size RRP £7)This will definitely be a handy trio for travelling and the shadows themselves are pretty pigmented. This is a birchbox exclusive but I'm not exactly blown away by it (especially compared to the eyeshadow in Glossybox but we'll get to that later!)

Model Co Green Concealer (Full Size £14)This is a product that actually targets one of my skin concerns as I did mark on my profile that I suffer from redness. I'll give this a go but I have a green liquid concealer and I much prefer that over cream products.

Percy & Reed Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing PolishI'm going to be giving this product a miss. This was included in everyone's box so I knew I was getting this but it just isn't something I'll use.

Luseta Coconut Milk Hair MaskMy hair gets oily quite quickly and I go through dry shampoo like noone's business so I really don't want to be adding more moisture to my hair! Hard pass and the product that lead to me tweeting Birchbox.

Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Pixi Pink (Full Size RRP £8)I'll always use any lip balm that come my way, my lips need all the help they can get in this weather.

Pixi Lip Balm, Model Co Green Concealer & The Beauty Crop Eyeshadow Trio.


Glossybox's lineup is much more makeup heavy, which is my favourite kind of box! The card has changed slightly, so instead of showing exactly what's inside your box, you'll receive 5 selected products of the 8 mentioned on the card. I'm not sure how they work out who gets what but I'm very happy with what I got.

Ciate Paint Pot in Goal Digger (Mini Size RRP £6)
This shade is described as a metallic rose-gold topped with a silver shimmery finish. Yes, yes to everything about this shade! There are various shades in this month's Glossybox but I don't think I could of gotten a better shade than this. Very happy.

Studio10 Beauty Makeup Mist Glow-Plexion (Travel Size £14)
I have high hopes for this little thing, just based on the price alone. There's 15ml of product with an RRP of £14, yet Urban Decay's travel size of All Nighter Setting Spray is £9 for 30ml. It'll be interesting to see how the two compare. This can also be used as a primer spray, so a good multitasker for a travel makeup bag.


Steve Laurant Nude Pop Lip Tint (Full Size RRP £17)
I'm going to say this is a tinted lip balm, though the box it comes in says it's a lip gloss?! I'm much more excited about this than the lip balm in Birchbox. It's a subtle peachy colour and comes in a glass pot with a rose gold lid. As lip balms go, the packaging is very luxurious. This is the second Steve Laurant product over 3 months with Glossybox and I'm a big fan of what I've tried so far.

Icona Milano Emotion Allowed Waterproof Mascara (Full Size RRP £15)
I'm very picky with mascaras as my lashes are utter crap. Getting mascaras in beauty boxes means I don't have to spend money on them to find out it doesn't work for me at all. If I find one I like this way, I can always repurchase it and if I don't like it, I haven't spent a lot for nothing! I'm a big fan of waterproof mascaras as my lashes tend to hold a curl for longer so I'm looking forward to giving this a try.

Sleek Makeup i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Storm (Full Size RRP £8.99)
Those colours! This palette puts the little trio in Birchbox to shame. Sleek is one of my favourite brands but I've never tried any of their eyeshadows before. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying them sooner. These shadows are very pigmented without being chalky and the shimmers are absolutely stunning.

So which box is the best this month?
Well, it has to be Glossybox. Considering both boxes cost £10, Glossybox gives you more bang for your buck and I'm just overall more impressed with their lineup this month. If I was subscribed to Birchbox on a month to month basis, I'd be considering cancelling but I got a Groupon deal for a years subscription so I'm hoping they up their game for March.

There's no sneak peek for March on the Glossybox card but I'm intrigued by Birchbox's. Subscribers will be getting a choice between a Blaq Hydrogel Eye Mask or a Blaq Peel Off Mask. I'll be going for the mask!

What do you think to February's boxes? Are you subscribed to either of these?

Don't forget you can follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with new posts.

Danni
x

No comments:

Post a Comment