15 January 2018

Glossybox VS. Birchbox, January 2018.


The start of a new year, the start of new beauty box subscriptions. I'd originally looked at Birchbox back in December but decided that Glossybox was going to be the box for me. Then after christmas I spotted a Groupon deal for £45 off a year subscription to Birchbox... I mean, it would be rude not to, wouldn't it?

So now, I'm subscribed to two beauty boxes with similar price points. (Glossybox is £10 per month plus £3.25 delivery while Birchbox is £10 per month plus £2.95 delivery.) So why not pit the boxes against each other every month and see which one comes out on top?

There are things I like about each specific one which won't change month to month. I like that Birchbox tailors each box to you based on the beauty profile you fill in when you subscribe, meaning there's less chance of a dud product that you won't like. However, Birchbox send their boxes out with Hermes, who despite the tracking saying the box was left "securely in porch" (We don't even have a porch!), they left it sat outside the front door where anyone could have taken it. Glossybox send theirs with Royal Mail and I know that if noone is in, it'll be left with a neighbour or taken back to the delivery office, which isn't a hassle for me to collect it from.

But onto the actual boxes. I love that their both different styles. I've been using Glossyboxes to make compartments in my drawers to seperate my make up. I like Birchboxes drawer style too, I want to use the sleeve part as eyeshadow palette holders.


Glossybox contains 5 products, 4 of which are full size. The overall value of the full size products comes to £89.98, not bad for £10!


Boots Beauty Beneath Supplements (Full size RRP £39.99)
While the idea of these intrigue me, I'm going to be passing these on. I'm not the best at swallowing normal tablets and these beasts are 'effing massive! The box contains a months supply so it is a generous addition to the box, just not for me.


Apicia Cream Blush (Full Size RRP £22)
Let's get the other product I won't be keeping out the way. I'm not a fan of cream blushes but the colour seems nice. It looks quite strong at first but sheers out easily.


Nail Medic Nail and Cuticle Energizer (Full Size RRP £5.99)
I'll be getting use of out this, maybe not as often as I should as I tend to slack when it comes to my nails. This is a good addition.


Evelyn Iona Cosmetics Green Tea Primer (Full Size RRP £22)
This is my favourite thing from this month's box. It's really tacky and definitely made my makeup last longer. It's vegan and cruelty free too.


Dr Botanicals Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil (Travel Size)
This was the sneak peak on December's card and I like this as I've only just gotten into using facial oils. It doesn't have a strong scent, which is good as I'm not keen on rose fragrances.

So out of 5 products, I'll be keeping 3 and giving 2 away.


Birchbox also contains 5 products, only 1 of which is full size.


AfterSpa Amazing Makeup Remover
This is tiny! I've already got 2 big versions of this from Primark. I keep one at home and the other at my boyfriend's so I'm not sure when this mini version will be used. Maybe for a weekend away? It is a lot softer than Primark's version but 2 days and it'll need washing.


Oribe Dry Texturising Spray
I'm looking forward to giving this a try. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to my trusty bastiste. Another one that will be coming on holiday, it's the perfect little travel size.


Lord & Berry Blusher Crayon in Peach (Full Size RRP £15)
This was the product we got to choose this month. There were two shades to choose from, Peach and a pink shade called Carnelia. I really like this, I've never tried blusher in a crayon before. It's super creamy and easy to blend out.


Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Charcoal
I really like this too, I don't have any grey eyeliners and this one has a slight shimmer to it. The staying power is really impressive as well.


Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance
This is my favourite product from Birchbox this month. So my favourite from each box was a primer, but this one is my favourite out of the two! I love the glow it gives, so much that I'm considering purchasing the full size when this runs out.

The winner has to be Birchbox! There wasn't a product I didn't like or won't get any use out of.

What are the sneak peaks for next month? I'm really excited about one of them, the other not so much. The one that will probably be a miss for me is the Keeome Silicone Buff Make-Up Applicator which will be in February's Birchbox. I just don't like silicone applicators. I like the sound of the Studio 10 Makeup Mist Glow-Plexion in February's Glossybox. It's a primer, spritz and setting spray all in 1. Yes Please!

Which do you prefer out of these boxes?

Danni
x

No comments:

Post a Comment