23 October 2017

Netflix Favourites.




The weather is officially getting colder. When the skies turn grey and the rain looks like it's here to stay, is there anything better than snuggling under a blanket and indulging in a good old binge watch? Of course there isn't, so I thought I'd make a list of my top Netflix picks as that is my streaming service of choice!


I think most people have watched 13 Reasons Why by now, but if you haven't, you need to! The show is set after Hannah Baker's suicide but has a ton of flashbacks to show her life before she took it. It's just an important show to watch, though it can be hard to watch in places as it obviously tackles sensitive subjects. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with season 2. I can't recommend it enough.


Drew Barrymore is such a frickin' queen in this! If you want a show that is going to make you laugh, go for this. It's a fun take on the zombie genre, it had me and Glenn in stitches. The bonus is season 2 has already been announced and will be out in 2018, so there's plenty of time to catch up.


I used to watch The Vampire diaries religiously every week but I fell behind during the later seasons, so I'm glad the full series is on Netflix. There's 8 seasons in total, plus a spin off- The Originals, which is also on Netflix. Some seasons are better than others but I really enjoy this show, the last episode made me cry like a baby! Finally, a show that proves the books aren't always better.


I'm not into the whole Marvel & DC thing in a big way. Glenn can occasionally convince me to go see the newest one at the cinema but I'm in no way a fangirl. In fact, I fell sleep during The Dark Knight and Guardians of the Galaxy. However, I freaking LOVE Gotham. It focuses on the origins of the villains and I love that, I don't need to know the history of the characters going in. I think everyone who watches Gotham has their favourites, mine are Barbara and Jerome. The first 3 seasons are on Netflix but this isn't one where the episode update weekly so it'll be a while before season 4 appears.


I wrote about Izombie last year on my underrated TV shows post, back before season 1 had appeared on Netflix. I'm so pleased Netflix picked this up! The first three seasons are on Netflix, with season 4 starting sometime next year. This is another where the episodes update weekly so you can stay up to date with America. The first 2 seasons have different storylines every episode but season 3 really picks up with the drama. One of my top picks!


This is what me and Glenn are currently working our way through. I started it without Glenn and got 13 episodes in before having to start from the beginning because Glenn started to like it! We've just started season 3 and we've been making it through 3 episodes a night. This is a drama comedy, where the main character Jane gets accidentally artificially inseminated in the first episode. It has plenty of shocks in store while still being able to make us laugh. I love it!


I mean, do I even need to explain this? I don't think so! Four days and counting til season 2.


Again, who hasn't seen this by now? If you haven't, just know, the hype is real. You have to watch it.


I'm so sad that this has ended, the mystery of A is finally over. A mystery drama that isn't just for teens! 7 seasons of twists and turns, it is worth giving a go even if it isn't the usual sort of thing you'd go for. Just don't google anything, spoilers are hard to avoid!


My absolute favourite, hands down. Season 6 just finished, though only 5 seasons are on Netflix currently. This is the noughtie's version of Buffy, that's how I like to look at it anyway. Just swap the slayer for a werewolf and the scoobies for a pack. I love this show so much, it is the show I recommend most. It's not just my favourite on Netflix, it's my favourite show ever! It's loosely based on the 80's film of the same name, but obviously with better makeup. With 100 episodes to get through, it's perfect for a binge.


I started this the day it was released on Netflix and binge watched the whole season in one sitting. I've never done that with any other show, so I guess that's like a seal of approval right there. The costumes, the music, the big hair. Yes, yes, yes. I loved the whole thing, bring on season 2.


Riverdale is based on the Archie comics but the show is really dark in tone. If teen dramas are your bag (The OC, Gossip Girl etc.) then you will love Riverdale. Episodes update weekly and season 2 has just started so it will be easy to get up to date.

Do you have any Netflix recommendations?

Don't forget you can follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with new posts.
Danni
x

No comments:

Post a Comment