1 June 2019

Glossybox, May 2019.



I missed my usual Glossybox blog post last month, a cross between forgetting and then laziness when I remembered I hadn't done it. And I'm writing about the May box in June. All signs point to a blogging slump, one that I want to try to combat.

May's box featured the usual five items, all of which were full size. The total value of all the products comes to a whopping £81, when the cost of the box is only £10 plus P&P. The box cost can lower depending on what method you choose when you subscribe. I pay once per month and can cancel whenever I like but 3 month, 6 month and yearly subscriptions are available too. You can also sign up for a year and still pay monthly, which comes out at £8.50 instead of £10 per month.





Barry M Cosmic Lights Highlighting Palette
Full size, RRP £7.99

"From glass skin to yoga skin, a glowing complexion is always en vogue. That's where your Barry M highlighting palette comes in! Boasting 6 shades, including 2 creamy hues and 4 irridescent powders, it's the perfect companion to give your complexion a luminous, healthy glow. Apply the creams for subtle radiance, use the powders to create a shimmery look, or layer the two to build an on-trend, dewy glow."


I'm not going to be keeping this. The majority of shades look too dark for me. It was nice to see but I do wish I'd gotten the contour palette instead.





Annabelle Minerals Mineral Blush in Rose
Full size, RRP £12.50


"Mineral makeup is a trend that's here to stay. Boasting natural and lightweight ingredients, it's not only suitable for all skin types, but actually helps heal, soothe and protect your complexion. That's why we love this blush so much! 100% organic, it's formulated with 4 mineral ingredients that help maintain healthy skin. Plus, the gorgeous pink shade will give your cheeks a rosy and radiant flush."


I love this! It's such a perfect, subtle shade and the packaging means they'll be no powder spillages even when travelling. 




Beauty Kitchen Natural Lip Treatment
Full size, RRP £2.99


"2019 is all about sustainable beauty! Beauty Kitchen have created this 0% petroleum sustainable lip treatment that is more effective and less greasy that petroleum jelly alternatives. Made with 100% natural ingredients, this balm moisturises and protects your lips for up to 8 hours, keeping them soft, beautiful and healthy. Better yet, the packaging is 100% recyclable and made from recycled tinplate- good for the environment, great for your lips!"

The description for this sounds great but there's only so many lipbalms I can use at one time and there seems to have been an influx of them in beauty boxes recently. I could do with a break from the lipbalms for now please glossybox!




Mudmasky Aftermask Vitamin Serum
Full size, RRP £43


"This serum is at the forefront of an up-and-coming beauty trend! The first skincare product in the world specially designed to be used after a facemask, it nourishes your complexion with the vitamins your skin will craving after an intense clay, charcoal, sheet or peel off mask treatment. Simpy apply a thin layer to your face after removing your mask and you'll have soft and smooth skin!"


This sounds amazing. Not only do I like the idea of this product, but Mudmasky is a brand I've enjoyed using in the past so I'm really happy to have this.




Nailberry Nail Polish in Love Me Tender
Full size, RRP £14.50


"Meet the next generation of state-of-the-art nail polish! Part of Nailberry's revolutionary Oxygene range, this multi-award winning nail polish uses patented technology to deliver a healthier manicure without compromising on colour quality. It covers your nail with a unique film which allows air and water vaper to pass through it, ensuring your cuticles are protected, even while wearing nail polish."


This is so similar to other shades I've already got but it's my go-to shade so I'll definitely me trying this. It'll be interesting to see how this compares to my favourite Nails Inc polish!


The sneak peak for June's box is an Avant Primer, worth £85!

What do you think of May's box?



6 comments:

  1. Gosh it's been ages since I had my last Glossybox aha! Must be at least 5 years! I'm loving the Barry M Cosmic palette x

    Shannon
    www.shanylou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I tried Glossybox about 3 years ago and gave up haha. I do think some products are a bit repetitive, but I guess it depends how much you love beauty/skincare stuff!

    Megan | https://meganelizabethlifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got disenchanted with Glossybox so switched to Roccabox instead which I much prefer. It doesn't look too bad a box for May - the Barry M highlighter palette looks especially nice. :D

    Sarah 🌺 || Boxnip || Latest Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Glossybox, but it looks so sweet! I love the colour of the nail varnish. Xx

    Abbie | Cheerfully Live

    www.cheerfullylive.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried Glossybox before but I do like the look of the Barry M palette, I like their palettes usually anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. See I got the other palette and it’s wayyy too dark for me! But I love the nail varnish colour, the lip balm and the mud mask looks good but j haven’t had chance to try that one yet! Love a good glossy box though!

    Isobel x

    New post: https://www.fashionistachic.co.uk/2019/06/lifestyle-fathers-day-gift-guide.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    New video: https://youtu.be/pJTSxUG2Sfs

    ReplyDelete