27 August 2018

Glossybox VS Birchbox, August 2018.



Another month, another battle of the UK's most popular beauty boxes. Birchbox and Glossybox both cost £10 per month, with postage costing £2.95 for Birchbox and £3.25 for Glossybox. 


The box design for Birchbox this month is in collaboration with ten Etsy sellers, who've each designed a box. Mine was was designed by Jade Fisher Card Co.
As usual, there are five products and two of those are full size. First up is Dirty Little Secret Eye Shadow Crayon in Fetch. (full size RRP £10.50) I'm not a massive fan of cream eyeshadows but I really like the shade of this so this will be good for travelling. The second makeup product is CLE Cosmetics Melting Lip Powder in Red Cherry. I'm in awe of this, I don't understand how it works! It's powder but as soon as you swatch it, it transforms into a liquid formula. My favourite product of this month!
Dr. Botanicals Pomegranate Superfood Regenerating Sleeping Mask (full size RRP £14.90) is a product I'm excited about trying. I received a Dr. Botanicals product in a previous Glossybox and loved it, so I have high hopes for this.
I'm not a fan of receiving hair products in beauty boxes so I was disappointed with Luseta Beauty Keratin Smooth ConditionerI'm a big fan of Rituals showed foams so I was happy to see Rituals Happy Budha Foaming Shower Gel.

CLE Red Cherry, DLS Fetch.

This is the best birchbox I've had since January, one of two boxes where I've liked the majority of the products. The sneak peek for September is Benefit Box O' Powder in either Galifornia or Gold Rush, which subscribers get to choose between.

The August Glossybox is themed for Pride Month and features SIX FULL SIZE products! The total value of all the products is about £54 so you're getting value for money with this box.



First up is Rimmel Ink Me Stamp & Sticker Tattoos (full size, £4.99 each.) I won't use the sticker tattoos so I'll be giving them away but I like the heart shaped ink stamp. The second makeup product is Trifle Cosmetics Lip & Cheek Jam (full size RRP £17.50) The idea of using this on my cheeks scares me a little so I think I'll stick to using this as a lip tint. The  Kaleido Cosmetics Astrolight Highlighter (full size RRP £13) is way too dark for my pale skin but I might give it a try on my eyelids as the colour is stunning! Another product that scares me is 3ina The shadow Paint in 703 (full size RRP £8.95) so I don't think I'll be keeping this one. The last product and the only skincare one is Victoria's Secret Pink Let's Pre-Glam Perfecting Face Mask (full size RRP £5). I love sheet masks so I'm pleased about this.

Rimmel Ink Me Stamp, 3Ina 703, Kaleido Astrolight, Trifle Lip & Cheek Jam.

The sneak peek for next month's Glossybox is Bang Beauty Eyebrow Cream. It'll be interesting to see if every subscriber gets the right shade they need in this, as you do fill in a questionnaire when you first join. Fingers crossed!

I can't decided which box I like more this month, which is a first! You do get more value for money with Glossybox but I like the products in both boxes.
Which box do you think is better?

Danni
X

No comments:

Post a Comment