26 June 2018

Glossybox VS Birchbox, June 2018.



June is almost over so what better time to review and compare this month's Birchbox and Glossybox? Both boxes cost £10 a box on a month to month basis, so I think it's always interesting to compare what you get for your money with each box considering they're the same price. Birchbox's P&P costs £2.95 and they use Hermes for delivery. I find the service lacking here, as the drivers have just left my boxes outside in different places without even ring the doorbell or pushing a card through telling me where they've put it. Glossybox's P&P costs £3.25 through Royal Mail's tracked service which I've never had a problem with.

Birchbox came in a gorgeous tin instead of the usual cardboard drawer. I don't know what I'm going to use it for but I'm definitely keeping it.


My favourite product inside Birchbox was the Ella Eden Compact Eyeshadow in the shade Julia. (Full size, RRP £12.99) This is such a pretty, subtle shade that is perfect for everyday.


The next product is the Number 4 Smoothing Balm. I'm not a fan of receiving hair products in subscription boxes so I probably won't keep this.



Next up is Lord & Berry Strobing Highlighter Pencil. I've seen highlighter sticks before but they're all chubby compared to this one. I'm probably just use this one for underneath by brow bone but it's a lovely shade.



Being a pale girl, I'm also happy to see sun protection in a beauty box. The Polaar Sun Fluid Face & Body is SPF30 and the perfect size to throw in a handbag to use as a top up throughout the day.

I'm looking forward to trying Benefit Porefessional Pearl Primer, I just wish the sample wasn't so tiny! I haven't tried the normal porefessional either yet but I do like a bit of glow in my primer sometimes.

Also in the tin was an extra from Whittard of Chelsea of three individual teabags. I won't be using these as I'm a commoner when it comes to a cuppa, tetley or nothing!

So Birchbox had one full size product, making the overall value not that impressive. The sneak peak for July is a Manna Kadar full sized long-wear powder with two shades to choose from.

Glossybox came in the usual baby pink box and was very skincare heavy this month, so it wasn't one of my favourites.

First up is the Monu Skin Eye Cool Gel. (Full size, RRP £24.95) This sounds like it'll be good for me as I suffer with dark circles and dry skin on my undereyes.



The Gatineau Strategie Jeunesse Firming Throat gel is also a full sized products and has an RRP of £49! I've passed this on to my mum as she'll get more use out of it than me.


Another product my mum claimed is the Novex Mystic Black Deep Hair Mask. This sounds like a miracle product for dry hair and as I suffer from oily hair, I was more than happy to give this away, it did smell lovely when I had a quick sniff in the pot though.



We have another skincare product in the Nip + Fab Glycolic Scrub Fix. Out of the three skincare products, this is the one I'm most excited about. I love Nip + Fab as a brand so I have high hopes for this.


My favourite boxes are the ones that are makeup heavy but the only makeup in this month's box is the Laritzy Cosmetics Shade Stix in the shade Aloha (Full Size, RRP £18.) I haven't dabbled in cream bronzer before so this is a little scary to me but I'm going to give it a try.

The sneak peak for next month is a Sea Water Hair Spray by Senhor Do Bonfim for beachy waves. I'm more excited about this than Birchbox's sneak peak so I'm looking forward to that already.

I wasn't really blown away by either box this month. It's the first time I haven't loved one box more than the other but Glossybox did give more value for money.

Which box do you prefer? Are you subscribed to any of these?

Danni
x

No comments:

Post a Comment