18 March 2018

Glossybox VS Birchbox, March 2018.

After being less than impressed with February's Birchbox, I was looking forward to receiving March's box. The sneak peek for it was a new product that's only recently launched.



Birchbox costs £10 on a month to month basis, plus £2.95 postage but if you buy a three month, six month or yearly subscription, the overall price per box works out cheaper. I'm currently have 9 months left of a years subscription thanks to a new year Groupon deal.

But what was in the box?
Benefit BADgal Bang! Volumising Mascara (Travel Size)
Let's start with that sneak peek! Everyone subscriber received a travel size of the new Benefit mascara. I was really excited to try this as it hasn't been on the market long but there's such a big hype around it already. I'm on the fence with it though. It didn't live up to my expectations but it's not a horrible mascara either. I have long, straight lashes that can barely hold a curl and this looked nice when I first applied it, I don't mind a bit of clumpiness, but my lashes looked messy after a couple of hours wear.

Blaq Peel Off Mask
This was the product we got to choose this month. Either this or a set of eye masks. I choose the peel off mask, just because peeling it off and inspecting the mask afterwards is disgustingly satisfying. I haven't tried it yet but if it does a good job, the full size tube will be something I'll be investing in.

Glamglow Supermud Clearing Mask Treatment
Two charcoal masks in the same box? It's a little bit overkill, I would have preferred something else for a little variety but I'll still use this.

Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray
I prefer to not receive hair products in beauty boxes but this is just a small sample. If I don't like it I can just pass it on. It does have heat protection though which I'll always say yes to.

Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Foaming Shower Gel (Full travel size RRP £4.50)
This smells gorgeous! I'm really pleased with this addition to the box. I haven't tried any Rituals products before so this is a great introduction.


Glossybox costs £10 on a month to month basis, plus £3.25 postage. The overall size and value of the products inside tend to be greater than the products inside Birchbox, with Glossy box having three full size products that total around the £65 mark.

Mudmasky Sleep Repair Renewal Nourishing Mask
Another face mask, but this time it's an overnight mask. I really like the sound of this, it's one of products I'm most excited about. The card even says  it helps to enduce a more restful sleep after a long day. Yes please!



Oryza Beauty Warm Nude Lipstick (Full Size RRP £15.95)
I'm not a fan of this, I'm going to pass it on to my mum. It feels very drying and the colour washes me out. I saw someone's comment on Instagram that they thought it smelt like tarmac, and having sniffed it since, it doesn't have the most pleasant scent.

Figs & Rouge Soft Focus Pore Perfect HD+ (Full Size £35)
A full sized primer than costs £35? Good job, Glossybox. This is the star of the box for me, I love trying new primers and this seems to be a very new launch so it's amazing to find this in the March box!


Decleor Aromessence Neroli Hydrating Oil Serum
I've tried the night balm of this before and hated it, but I'll ignore my previous thoughts on that while trying this out. It's only a small sample so even if I end up not liking it, it isn't that much of a waste.


Makeup Drop Silicone Sponge (Full Size RRP £14.50)
I'm not a massive fan of silicone beauty tools, but the only ones i've tried have been cheap ones from Primark. This has a hefty pricetag in comparison so maybe I'll get on better with this. Beauty tools in beauty boxes will always be a yes for me!

So, for similarly priced boxes, Glossybox has the highest overall value with more full sized products. The variety was better in Glossybox than Birchbox. For the second month in a row, Glossybox is my winner!

But what about next month? I'm more excited about Birchbox's sneak peek.



I used to live in eyeliner but I barely reach for it anymore so Glossybox's sneak peek of the Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner doesn't excite me but it will be a handy product to have in my collection as a just-in-case. Birchbox, on the other hand, excites me greatly! Being a pale girl, I'll be choosing the Frose shade of the Model Co Baked Highlighter. It looks stunning!

What do you think of this month's boxes? Which contents do you prefer?

Danni
X

No comments:

Post a Comment